POLSON, Mont. – Level 1 fire restrictions are in place on Flathead Indian Reservation lands from Friday.
The CSKT Fire Division announced it was implementing the restrictions, effective 12:01 a.m. Friday, August 5.
The following items are prohibited under the restrictions:
- Constructing, maintaining, assisting or using a fire or campfire, except on a developed recreational site or an improved site.
- Smoking, except in an enclosed vehicle or building, furnished recreation site, or stationary in an area at least three feet in diameter that is sterile or cleared of all flammable materials.
- Drive motorized vehicles off roads and developed trails.
Here are the exceptions to the order:
- Persons with a written permit that specifically authorizes the otherwise prohibited act.
- Persons using a fire fueled only by liquid petroleum or LPG that can be switched on and off.
- Persons conducting activities in designated areas where the activity is specifically authorized by a posted written notice.
- Any federal, state, or local officer, member of an organized rescue or firefighting force in the performance of an official duty.
- Other agency/tribe-specific exemptions (i.e. cultural fires, tanning, sweats, etc.)
- All land within the city limits is exempt.